Mar 15, 2009

LAST DAY IN BERLIN / ULTIMO GIORNO A BERLINO


Last day in Berlin. What’s the feeling? It depends on the point of view: today is just a day like another, a little bit rainy, grey clouds move fast in the sky and you never know what’s gonna happen in 30 minutes, it could turn snowy or sunny, unpredictable, typisch Berliner; but if I look back at the latest 6 months and a half my mood changes: this time I’m really leaving, I’m at the end of a chapter.

I came here on September 3rd, 2008, since then I’ve been going through 3 sublets, 6 different flatmates, a couple of new guys to hang out with, several CV’s sent by e-mail, my friends and parents’ visits, a well paid but too short-timed job, people who suddenly disappeared, an umbrella I never gave back to its owner and a bike I still have to go take back.
A lot has been happening, a lot has not been happening. Berlin cooked for me a perfectly balanced sweet and sour dish, but since perceptions are different to everyone, I can say in my mouth it definitely tastes more sweet than sour: moving here was a right choice.

It’s about 4PM now, I want to go for a last walk here in Friedrichshain while looking for a cake shop to buy a dessert for tonight, the last night I’ll be spending with my flatmates as a tenant of this house. My backpack is almost ready, and tomorrow at about 6:30 in the morning I’ll be saying Auf Wiedersehen to Berlin.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Ultimo giorno a Berlino. Stato d’animo? Dipende dai punti di vista: oggi in sé stesso è solo un giorno come un altro, leggermente piovoso, le nuvole grigie si muovono rapide e non si riesce a prevedere cosa accadrà nel giro di trenta minuti, che potrebbe nevicare come uscire il sole, imprevedibile, typisch Berliner; se guardo però agli ultimi sei mesi e mezzo lo stato d’animo cambia: stavolta me ne vado davvero, si chiude un capitolo.

Sono arrivato qui il 3 settembre 2008 e da allora sono passato per tre subaffitti, sei coinquilini, qualche nuova conoscenza con cui uscire la sera, una grande numero di curriculum spediti via e-mail, le visite dei miei amici e dei miei genitori, un lavoro ben pagato ma troppo breve, gente sparita d’improvviso, un ombrello che non ho mai restituito e una bicicletta che ancora devo passare a riprendermi.
E’ successo parecchio e parecchio non è successo. Berlino mi ha servito un piatto agrodolce perfettamente bilanciato, ma poiché la percezione del gusto varia da persona a persona, al mio palato posso dire che è più forte il dolce. Venire a vivere qui è stata una giusta scelta.

Sono le 16 circa, voglio andare a farmi un’ultima passeggiata per Friedrichshain con anche il compito di cercare una pasticceria e comprare un dolce per stasera, l’ultima sera che passerò coi miei coinquilini come membro di questa casa. Il mio zaino è quasi pronto e domani alle 6:30 circa dirò Auf Wiedersehen a Berlino.
.

1 comment: