Mar 19, 2009

PRICELESS! / NON HA PREZZO!


Surprise surprise, my mean of transport today is a ferry, more precisely the Stena Hollandica going from Hoek Van Holland to Dover. Then I will need one hour and a half by train to reach London, as well as I needed it to go from Amsterdam to the harbour. And let’s go further as in a diary.

7:30 AM: I woke up being more reactive than expected, fast in making myself ready and leaving Nathalie’s house 2 hours later. At 9:45 I was on the tram, then my train left from the Central Station at 10:40.

12:15 AM: I arrived at the harbour, paid 1€ for a pseudo-cup of tea and then checked in. Once on the ferry I took the chance to leave my backpack at the deposit (no surveillance even though locked during the fare, but they say nothing ever got stolen) to take just the smaller one with me. Replacing some stuff from the bigger to the smaller, I realized I’m not that overloaded: it’s all about weight distribution, and maybe I found the perfect balance now.

4:10 PM: Two hours of navigation flew away quickly. I’m currently in the public lounge, not that happy because of a second coup of tea I paid 1,75€. Furthermore, price for food is crazy and for the Internet they ask 6€/hour. I will unfortunately have to have dinner because of the timetable, but I’m absolutely not connecting to the Internet until I get to my friend Emanuele’s in London.

4:45 PM: I have 4 Germans next to me and I feel home when they speak, this means Berlin is still part of me. And the German girl is not bad at all.

6:15 PM: I wrote a couple of new things, laptop battery almost low. It’s time to take a breath of fresh air outside.

6:30 PM: Coup de theatre: Internet access, 6€ with Mastercard; Cookies for dinner, 1€ with Mastercard; Updating your blog from the North Sea: priceless!

PS: I thought I was so damn cute, so damn charming, so damn lucky in Amsterdam until the truth came out: those people so damn winking and so damn willing to invite me at their place were prostitutes.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Sorpresa sorpresa, il mio mezzo di trasporto odierno è la nave, più precisamente la Stena Hollandica da Hoek Van Holland a Dover. In seguito mi ci vorrà circa un’ora e mezza di treno per arrivare a Londra, così come lo stesso mi ci è voluto per andare da Amsterdam al porto. E procediamo come un vero diario.

7:30. Mi sono svegliato più reattivo del previsto, veloce nel prepararmi lasciando casa di Nathalie due ore dopo. Alle 9:45 ero sul tram, poi il mio treno è partito dalla Stazione Centrale alle 10:40.

12:15. Sono arrivato al porto, ho pagato 1€ per una pseudo tazza di tè e ho fatto il check-in. Una volta imbarcato ho sfruttato la possibilità di lasciare lo zaino al deposito bagagli (non custodito anche se sotto chiave durante la tratta, e dicono che furti non ne hanno mai avuti) per tenere con me solo quello più piccolo. Spostando alcune cose dall’uno all’altro ho capito di non essere poi così sovraccarico, è solo una questione di distribuzione del peso e può darsi abbia ora trovato l’equilibrio perfetto.

16:10. Due ore di navigazione sono volate svelte. Al momento sono nella lounge pubblica, non felicissimo per una seconda pseudo tazza di tè pagata 1,75€. Inoltre i prezzi del cibo sono da capogiro e per Internet chiedono 6€/ora. Sfortunatamente cenare devo cenare vista la tabella di marcia, ma assolutamente zero Internet finché non arrivo dal mio amico Emanuele a Londra.

16:45. Ho vicino quattro tedeschi e sentendoli parlare mi sento a casa, Berlino è ancora in me. La tedeschina non è male.

18:15. Ho scritto per un po’, batteria del computer quasi scarica. Vado a prendermi una boccata d’aria sul ponte.

18:30. Colpo di scena: collegamento Internet: 6€ con Mastercard; biscotti per cena: 1€ con Mastercard; aggiornare il blog dal Mare del Nord: non ha prezzo!

PS: E io che pensavo di essere così dannatamente bello, così dannatamente affascinante, cosi dannatamente fortunato…poi la verità è venuta a galla: ad Amsterdam quelle persone così dannatamente ammiccanti e così dannatamente vogliose d’invitarmi a casa erano prostitute.
.

3 comments: