Mar 16, 2009

GOOD MORNING AMSTERDAM / BUONGIORNO AMSTERDAM


Six hour and a half by train made me get to Amsterdam. I’ve also slept a little bit and it’s a record because sleeping on means of transport is something really difficult to me, but during this journey I gotta get used to it as soon as possible.

What a beautiful city is Amsterdam! I’ve been walking all day long through it and the atmosphere is great, incredibly chilled even though this is a city where really excess happens. Only bikers are dangerous, because they are as confident as fast, and they are everywhere, but if you pay attention a little bit nobody’s gonna get hurt.
Tonight Tessa offered me to sleep at her place. We got in touch with Couch Surfing, and as my first experience I can definitely say it’s a positive beginning: she is a really nice and helpful person, qualities as easy to mention as difficult to find. We are about to cook something in a couple of minutes, then we will see what to do, because she’s busy for University and I’m kinda tired since I woke up before 4AM. And since Tessa cannot host me for more than one night, tomorrow in the late morning I’ll be moving to another couch surfer’s place, at the opposite side of the city going south. And Amsterdam is not as big as Berlin or Milan, but I really think I will take a tram because with more than 20 kilos on my back it wouldn’t be a nice walk (I realized I’m overloaded). Moreover, no problem after the sunset, but during the day it’s about 15°C…and I have to wear my anorak. I’m already planning to send it home as soon as possible, most likely from London.

The first day of my longer way home is almost ending. Besides saying thank you to all those who whished me a good beginning of journey I can just say another thing: it was a good day.

P.S.: and I don’t know why, but plenty of females wink when I walk down the street. Italian charme?
-------------------------------------------------------

Sei ore e mezza di treno mi hanno portato ad Amsterdam. Ho persino dormito un po’ durante il viaggio ed è un record, perché mi è sempre venuto difficile ma per questo viaggio devo farci l’abitudine il prima possibile.

Che gran città che è Amsterdam! Ho camminato praticamente tutto il giorno e l’atmosfera è super, incredibilmente distesa nonostante questa sia la città degli eccessi per antonomasia. Solo i ciclisti sono un pericolo pubblico essendo tanto sicuri di sé quanto scheggianti –e sono ovunque- ma con la giusta attenzione nessuno finisce a farsi male.
Stasera dormo da Tessa. Siamo entrati in contatto grazie a Couch Surfing, e in quanto prima esperienza posso dire che è un primo passo certamente positivo: è una ragazza simpatica e disponibile, qualità tanto facili da menzionare quanto poi difficili da trovare. Cucineremo qualcosa tra qualche minuto, poi vedremo che fare, perché lei ha da fare per l’Università e io sono piuttosto stanco essendomi svegliato prima delle 4:00. E siccome Tessa non può ospitarmi per altre notti, nella tarda mattinata di domani andrò da un’altra couch surfer, dalla parte opposta della città in direzione sud. E anche se Amsterdam non è grande quanto Berlino o Milano, penso comunque che prenderò il tram perché con più di 20 chili sulle spalle la camminata non sarebbe tanto piacevole (ho realizzato che sono sovraccarico). Inoltre, nessun problema dopo il tramonto, ma di giorno ci sono 15 gradi…e la giacca ce l’ho da tener su. Sto già studiando di spedirla a casa il prima possibile, molto probabilmente da Londra.

Il primo giorno della mia lunga strada per tornare a casa è quasi alla fine. A parte ringraziare tutti coloro che mi hanno augurato buon viaggio, posso dire solo un’altra cosa: è stata una bella giornata.

P.S.: e non so perché, ma un mucchio di femmine mi ammiccano quando giro per strada. Sarà il fascino dell’Italiano?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment