Mar 28, 2009

ATMOSPHERE BORDEAUX / ATMOSFERA BORDEAUX


To arrive at Aurélie’s place in Bordeaux was enough to make my nerves calm down, even though I walked in with my brand new second-hand anorak on. Soon as I entered the door I felt a beautiful atmosphere. I’m no yoga-chakra-Indian-psycho-spiritual fanatic, but that’s what I felt. Moreover, slightly after my arrival also Aurélie’s daughter came back home, and this 4-years old girl is simply amazing. In the last months I’ve been getting more and more amazed by kids, and the more I’m in touch with them, the more I think back to my parents, because I was born when my mother was 22 and my father 25, just as old as I am now. At this point of my life, to build a family seems just impossible to me from any point of view, while more less 20 years ago it was normal. I’ve been asking myself more than once if my generation and I aren’t missing something, I really want to see where this “eternal youth” will pull us.

After sleeping well on the couch, yesterday I went strolling in Bordeaux with still a little bit of rain falling down, and this reminded me of a beautiful track by Verona’s finest rapper Zampa entitled “Cade giù” (Falls down, with the rain as main topic), produced by my man Jack the Smoker. Meanwhile I wish Zampa good luck with his brand new album Bisanzio. To release a record in these days and times is nothing but love and courage.
The afternoon flew fast and from 7:30 PM some friends of Aurélie’s came over and remained until 3:30 AM. Great people, nice and intelligent at the same time, from pure fun to politics and AIDS we talked about everything, and: 1, I love when a conversation goes freely on such important matters (it was not like “Ok guys, let’s talk about AIDS: go!”); 2, meanwhile I’ve realised that I understand almost everything and speak kinda good, and that’s great because I had been studying French for 3 years and it all ended 11 years ago.

Now it’s Saturday morning, 11:15 AM. My trip to Bilbao starts in 2 hours. Each city is leaving me something different memory, a different sensation, and I will remember Bordeaux for its atmosphere.
----------------------------------------------------------

Arrivare a Bordeaux a casa di Aurélie è stato sufficiente a farmi distendere i nervi, sebbene con addosso la mia nuova giacca usata. Appena entrato ho subito sentito un’atmosfera ottima. Non sono assolutamente uno psico-fanatico da spiritualità & yoga & chakra & India, ma è quello che ho avvertito. In più, poco dopo il mio arrivo è giunta a casa anche sua figlia, 4 anni, meravigliosa. Negli ultimi tempi rimango sempre più affascinato dai bambini e più mi ci relaziono, più penso ai miei genitori: quando sono nato mia mamma aveva 22 anni e mio papà 25, proprio come me ora. A questo punto della mia vita costruire una famiglia mi sembra impossibile sotto più punti di vista, mentre circa vent’anni fa era una cosa normale. Mi sono chiesto più volte se io e tutta la mia generazione non ci si stia perdendo qualcosa,voglio davvero vedere da che parte ci sta tirando questa nostra “eterna gioventù”.

Dopo una buona dormita sul divano, ieri sono stato in giro per la città con un po’ di pioggia, cosa che mi ha riportato alla mente un gran pezzo di Zampa, il capo della Verona del rap, prodotto da Jack the Smoker, dal titolo “Cade giù”. Auguro nel mente tutte le fortune a Zampa per il suo nuovo album Bisanzio, perché far uscire un disco di questi tempi è un gesto di puro amore e coraggio.
Il pomeriggio è volato rapido e alle 19:30 sono arrivati alcuni amici di Aurélie, rimasti poi fino alle 3:30. Ottime persone, simpatiche ed intelligenti assieme, dalle cose più divertenti alla politica e all’AIDS si è parlato di tutto e: 1, sono contento quando una conversazione arriva liberamente a toccare temi così importanti (non è stata una cosa tipo: “Ok ragazzi, adesso parliamo dell’AIDS. Via!”); 2, nel mentre ho realizzato che capisco quasi quasi tutto e non parlo nemmeno male, gran cosa visto che il Francese l’ho studiato per tre anni e terminando la bellezza di undici anni fa.

Ora è sabato mattina, 11:15, tra due ore parto alla volta di Bilbao. Ogni città mi sta lasciando un ricordo diverso, una sensazione diversa, e di Bordeaux ricorderò l’atmosfera.
.

3 comments:

  1. hey matt :) mi è piaciuta molto la tua riflessione sulla famiglia..
    latcho drom! ily

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just so nice to meet you, to spend some time with you and to share these moments! Hope to see you again ... one day or another ... Keep sharing cause it's the most important thing in the world !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grazie Ila!

    Et Aurélie, j'attends de te rencontrer encore...peut etre ancor dans un voyage ou aussi si Bordeaux et AC Milan font un match! :-)

    ReplyDelete